|CPE Use of English part 2 test 1||Home|
|Use of English||Reading||Speaking|
Look at the pairs of sentences below. Each incomplete sentence must be finished so that the meaning is as close as possible to the sentence before it.
1. He is a very good player, but Ted is better.
2. You must be at the airport by 2 o'clock, no matter what you have to do.
3. Joe suggested that we should go to this film.
4. We were able to finish the job only because Mike helped us.
5. Sally left the room a few seconds before James walked in.
6. I think that you are being very unreasonable.
7. We had nothing to eat but bananas.
8. Although he got more votes he did not become president.
9. Think back to last December.
10. I was very lucky to escape from that crash.